This privacy statement applies to https://krypto-oddsen.com/ (hereinafter referred to as “we”) and explains why we collect information about you, how we use this information and how we take your privacy into account.
Our basis for processing personal data will vary, will consist of your consent or because it is required by law. Furthermore, it may be necessary to process personal data in order to fulfill an agreement with you or to fulfill a legal obligation. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- About personal information, consent and cookies
Personal information is information and assessments that can be linked to an identifiable individual. This can be name, address, phone number, email address, IP address and visit and behavior history. All processing of personal data, such as collection, registration, storage and disclosure, is subject to special rules, including in the Personal Data Act. We are responsible for ensuring that the processing takes place in accordance with the rules of the law. In Norway, the Danish Data Protection Agency supervises compliance with the law.
Optional sharing of information
We only store certain information if you give us an active consent to collect this. Examples of this are information about you that can be used to show you advertisements on third-party websites based on our services you have clicked on. If we use such services, we ask you for consent to this on our website, and we only collect the information if you give us consent. If you do not take a position on the question, we will not collect the information either.
- What kind of information do we collect?
In order to provide the best possible services, we depend on collecting various types of information, including personal information about you. Below is an overview of how we typically collect personal information and what information this is typically. We do not collect sensitive information!
- a) Information you provide to us
When you register on our website, you must provide some information stored by us, such as name, e-mail address, address and mobile number. We will also store information when you contact us later. The information you provide can also be enriched using posting services or social media you give us access to.
- b) Information we receive through the use of our services
When you use our services, we record information about which services you use and how you use them. Among other things, we collect information about:
- i) Your device and your internet connection
We can register information about the device you use, such as manufacturer of mobile / PC, operating system and browser. We may also collect information about the connection to our services, such as IP addresses, network IDs, cookies and unique identification files.
- ii) Use of service or purchase
We register information about your use of the services, such as which pages you are on, when you are on the pages and which functions you have used on the pages.
- c) Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we offer on this site. We also work closely with third parties (eg business partners, technical service providers, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics companies, search engines and credit bureaus) and may receive information about you from them. This also includes information that is publicly available.
- d) Cookies and other content stored locally
When you use our services or visit our websites, cookies and other data are stored which can be read by us later.
- e) Automatic assessments
Through analysis of your purchases and behavior, automatic categorization of you as a customer can be deduced.
- What is the information used for?
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- a) To deliver and improve our services
We use personal information to deliver our goods (or services) to you. For example, we need personal information in order for you to be able to log in to our pages and, if relevant, to be able to pay for goods and services. We also use personal information to ensure the best possible user experience for you, among other things by adapting the display of the content to your screen / device and ensuring the fastest possible loading of the pages.
- b) To customize the services, give you recommendations and relevant marketing
We want to give you recommendations, product information and service adaptations that are as relevant as possible for you. This will both be given on the basis of your own behavior, e.g. based on which pages you have visited, ads you have clicked on, or articles you have read, and based on the behavior of other users with similar usage patterns as you.
- c) To improve digital communication and advertising
We use your personal information to improve our advertising. By creating a profile with us, you accept targeted advertising through programmatic purchases and targeted advertising through social media where your personal data will be used in the purchase of such advertising.
- d) To compile statistics and understand market trends
We compile statistics and map market trends. We do this in order to improve and further develop our product offerings and services. As far as practicable, we try to do this with anonymous information, without knowing that the information is specifically related to you.
- e) To prevent misuse of our services
We use personal information to prevent misuse of our services. Abuse can be attempts to log in to other people’s accounts, attempts at fraud, “spamming”, incitement, harassment and other actions that are prohibited under Norwegian law.
- Information sharing
In some cases, we share personal information with other companies that perform services on our behalf. This is primarily to give you a safer and better shopping experience. Here are the most important examples:
- a) When others perform services on our behalf
For example, web and marketing agencies to run the online store and show you targeted marketing as well as create campaigns. These are not allowed to use this personal information for anything other than performing services for us. If you have given us consent to share information, then the information may be shared with the following third parties:
- Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Information about usage patterns on the website (including which pages have been visited and when) is shared with Google, which is linked to you as a user in a partially anonymised manner. We will not be able to link this to you personally, but we may use the information to see general usage patterns on our website, and to be able to send you tailored advertising in the Google network in the form of image and text ads on third-party websites.
- Facebook Messenger (chat)
- If we were to use a chat solution from Facebook, Facebook will be able to identify you on our website so that you do not have to enter your name and E-mail to initiate a chat with us. We do not store this data on our website, but the chat log will be stored on our Facebook Messenger account. The log can be removed at your request if you contact us.
- to (chat)
- If we were to use a chat solution from Tawk.to, Tawk.to will store the chat log and your IP address on its server. The log can be removed at your request if you contact us.
- Facebook Pixel
- This page may use Facebook Pixel, which is a cookie that tracks that you have been on our website, so that you can later receive advertising from us via Facebook’s network.
- WordPress and Gravatar
- This website uses WordPress as a publishing solution. If you create a user on our website, or publish a comment with us, a cookie will be able to remember you as a user when you visit our website next time, so you do not have to log in every time. If you have registered a profile picture on Gravatar.com, WordPress will link this to you as a user and display your profile picture on our page.
- Contact forms
- If you use one of our contact forms, the form will be sent as an E-mail to us, and will be stored on our E-mail server. A copy of the E-mail may also be stored in a database as well, to ensure that we have received your message should the E-mail not arrive. This database is deleted periodically.
- b) In case of suspicion of crime
information can be handed over to public authorities upon request. We will also be able to provide information in case of suspicion of fraud, or information that is necessary to resolve specific disputes.
- Deletion of personal information
We are required by law to hold certain personal information. Examples of this are:
- Accounting Act
- Order data according to right of withdrawal
- Order data according to guarantees
You are entitled to have all our information about you deleted at your request, if we are not required by law to store this. You can contact us regarding this to terminate your customer relationship, by sending us an E-mail (See “contact information”).
- Security of personal information
We use appropriate security measures to protect personal information that is under our control against unauthorized access, collection, use, dissemination, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal.
- Especially about marketing in email and SMS
If you have an active customer relationship with us, we can send you marketing by e-mail or with other electronic communication methods in accordance with the Marketing Act § 15. It includes newsletters and other inquiries regarding content, services, offers, promotions and events from us, via email, phone, SMS and social media.
If, on the other hand, you do not have an active customer relationship, we will only send such marketing if you have given us consent to this. Your personal data can also be used to personalize this communication. You can at any time easily and free of charge unsubscribe from marketing inquiries through the unsubscribe function in the e-mails / SMSs.
- Changes to the privacy statement
We will be able to update or change the privacy statement from time to time.
In the event of major changes, we will inform you of this.
- Right to complain
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, which in Norway is the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
- Contact information
If you have questions about our privacy statement, questions about the use of personal information, whether you want to receive data we have registered on you, correction of registered data, withdrawal of consent or deletion, feel free to contact us here